26.5.12

Technologic

Today someone told me I have a great "sense of style". Of course, for me, that was one of the highest compliments I could receive, and yet, it occurred to me how strange that saying was. Style is not something you have a sense in. At least to me, I believe you either have it or you don't. This sounds harsh, but if you think about it, style is really something that comes from within. Something that you are born with. And something that will continue to develop and change throughout your whole life. Now, this doesn't mean a person could go through a period where said person lacks inspiration, yet still, even during a period like that, style doesn't simply vanish. Coco Chanel was a woman who knew what she was talking about: "Fashion fades, only style remains the same." That is wisdom, people. Anyways, I was reading the Oyster Magazine website, and came across a certain editorial. This said editorial made me think of that particular Chanel quote, was it simply fashion? Or real style? So here it is...












So, fashion? Or style? Also, which is your favorite? I'm just dying to know. #nobutreally Oh, and have an amazing Memorial Day Weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and I definitely feel like this model has style. The ability to pull off diverse looks with confidence and ease while still maintaining your unique personality is the definition of style and I agree... not everyone has it!

    xo Complacency Kills 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree!

    www.live-love-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete