20.8.12

The WWW

If you're wondering what WWW could possibly stand for, I'll gladly clarify that it implies wicked witch of the west. Again, if you're wondering what our my favorite Wizard of Oz character could possibly have to do with art, fashion, music, or any of the other random topics I've covered in the past, then look no further. These Tabitha Simmons ankle boots will satisfy your not so needy needs. It's times like these, by the way, that make me think I would do really well at writing ridiculous cheesy commercials for things like shake-weights and plastic bags. Anyways, let me show you what I'm talking about...
If that doesn't evoke evil and darkness I don't know what does. Three buckles, dangerously pointy toe, zipper down the front, I mean, seriously. To me at least, things in fashion always seem to resemble something else, like drawing inspiration doesn't really mean that a person is creating something new, it just means that said person is taking that inspiration and putting it into a new form. That idea might make the whole industry seem a little doomed, if it's all just a recycling of ideas, how much longer can it actually continue (don't get scared I'm talking super long-term here) without repeating itself? In a sense, I guess it already does, what with people throwing back to the 90's, 80's, 70's...Anyways, tell me what you think, I'd love to hear your opinions!











7 comments:

  1. I agree , i feel like everything i see reminds me of something else, and that we'll always be drawing inspiration from something that has already occurred. I do like those boots though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them!

    www.styleintoxicated.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute as booties x x x

    www.lottiehall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so nice! There is a very similar pair in Zara I saw the other day! x
    http://peaceandloveand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete