6.12.12

Simplify

I've been working on this post for about 3 weeks now. Sad I know, but it's been a bit tricky articulating exactly what I want to say here. Getting one's point across over the sea of the internet is not so easy. Yet, I'm not sure if it's some newfound maturity, having just turned 16, or something in the air, but lately all I have been wanting to do is simplify. I have always admired people who dress with ease and confidence in the most minimal way, without being boring, yet never was interested in that aesthetic for myself. Again, I don't know what started it, but minimalism has certainly taken over my current mindset. Now of course, by referring to minimalism, I don't mean the kind of the harshly cut stark-white variety, I mean the basic essence of an outfit, what is left when you strip down enough of the superfluous that what remains is just purely, entirely you. So in a sense, simplicity is relative, what's simple for me, you may think is too bare-boned, or vise-versa. So, for visual content's sake, you could call this my personal simple...


Need I even bother explaining blue jeans and a white tee shirt? Non, merci.



From my polyvore, I have a thing for nike airmax trainers. It isn't going away, but again, those are famous last words regarding fashion trends, truth? Also, note how you, yes you, can make an outer space worthy skirt high school-worthy (which is not very different from outer space in my opinion).




The above photo is from one of my favourite new blog finds, fashionsphere. Her outfits are impeccable, and minimalist, but never boring due to an uncanny ability to contrast forms and play with shape. Two thumbs up.



I told you I liked these nikes. The above is basically what I want to be wearing right now. 



I look this chic while talking on my cell phone. Sometimes. Never. But long black flasher-esque coats are always a yes. Especially with nothing but basics underneath. 


Last but not least, one more polyvore set. Simple as always, with boots that will make you feel like you have a ball and chain tethered to your foot and a coat that will cause you to resemble a ghost who has become sick with the stomach flu and is now pale green, couldn't be more perfect if I do say so myself. Also, Freja is a goddess. We all know it. 

I guess that just about sums it up. All details for products from the sets you can find on my polyvore, and the other photos are from my tumblr and fashionsphere. Have a rad weekend, kids, after all, it is Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment