16.10.13

nothing gold can stay



I took this photograph two days ago. The past week and a half have been incredibly trying for me in many ways, so when I walked into my bedroom only to be greeted by the most glorious late afternoon light, it stayed with me a little longer, and the feel of this moment was buried a little more deeply in my being. I can dissect some of the most powerful things I have ever experienced into seconds, and the thirty seconds that the light was just like this has certainly created a mainstay in my top twenty. I feel lucky to have had my camera on hand so as to get some good snaps of it before it was gone. I myself have been having a hard time putting it into words however it made me think of one of my favorite poems "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Robert Frost:

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. 
Then leaf subsides to leaf. 
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day. 
Nothing gold can stay.  


The golden hour never disappoints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment